Foundations of The Fourth Industrial Revolution – LinkedIn Learning.

I recently used the LinkedIn Learning function to research the Fourth Industrial Revolution, I really enjoyed the course, however it has actually made me rethink using the term in my research question, I think it is already laden with too many associations. Although it is very relevant, I am going to stick with the term phygital and include The Fourth Industrial Revolution in my writing as opposed to the direct research question.

Course details

The world is being transformed by a fourth industrial revolution. Sometimes referred to as Industry 4.0 or I4.0, the fourth industrial revolution takes the digital revolution a step further. The technology at its center—large-scale, low-cost automation and machine intelligence—has the potential to affect how we learn, work, move, communicate, and interact. This lecture-based series reviews the disruptive changes underway in science and culture and their impact on the future. Learn about the main technologies that are emerging, including artificial intelligence and blockchain, and their effect on cities, industries, and people. Dr. Jonathan Reichental also explains how people can take action to ensure Industry 4.0 doesn’t leave anybody behind.

Learning objectives

• History of the four industrial revolutions
  • What has changed in science and culture
  • Core technologies: AI, Internet of Things, and more
  • Impact of the fourth industrial revolution
  • Taking action

History of the revolutions:

What do we mean by industrial revolutions?

• We ended the 20th century sending humans to another world.
  • A pre-industrial world is unrecognisable.
  • The significant transformation of the human experience in just a brief few centuries is a consequence of a series of monumental revolutions.
  • In industrial revolutions, the world that entered the beginning of each looked different at the other side, particularly from the perspective of technology, socioeconomics and culture.

This entry was posted in Masters Project. Bookmark the permalink.