Revisiting fashion shows.

I’m very aware that my main interest lately had been sensation, beauty and media. I wanted to contextualise this by bringing it back to fashion and revisited the fashion shows I explored before summer.

Although fashion shows are primarily industry events which are consumer facing, the immersive experiential aspect is relevant. The whole point of fashion show as opposed to promotional campaign / film is the physicality of it.

Two key shows that stood out to me are Balenciaga’s Summer 20 show where scent was included. I have explored this before because I loved the idea of scent and using other senses to affect the human body and tell stories.

More recently, the Savage X Fenty show was of interest because it was an entire installation choreographed and filmed meticulously, with interesting props and lighting techniques.

In the age of Covid, traditional fashion shows are being digitised so it was really relevant to watch this show without a physical audience, and examine how production and staging techniques are implemented.

This entry was posted in Masters Project. Bookmark the permalink.