COVID-19 – Project Update.

I have eagerly been waiting an update from university regarding the access and running of studios and equipment for next term. Today I know that physical collaboration is going to be hard – collaborative work that involves close or direct contact with anyone (particularly makeup) is not permitted anywhere, inside or outside of studio spaces. These new safe working protocols, mean that I will not be able to work with the make up artists, prosthetics and hair stylists that I had secured for my MA project, which is unfortunate. I might attempt to do make up and styling on myself so I can communicate my vision, however I don’t know how skilled I will be at that.

We have also now been told that if we want to access studios, we have to argue why it is a necessity and complete individual risk assessments for each circumstance. I think that the photogrammetry studio and motion capture suit to create a virtual version of the character is imperative to the project. I also would like to have a studio space for a few days so I can experiment with choreography, styling and set design. I am now in the process of pleading my case and composing risk assessments.

This entry was posted in Masters Project. Bookmark the permalink.