TNRM Isolation Music Video proposal.

I was due to shoot a music video for a post-punk indie band from Birmingham this week but due to the Covid-19 Pandemic I can’t leave the house for three months and everything has been cancelled. I wanted to use this as a challenge and proposed we experiment with webcams and self-documentation during the Isolation period. The initial idea is experimental but I would like to push the idea of remote and digital creative direction further over the Isolation period.

BRIEF I SENT TO THE BAND:

Hey guys, here is a quick brief on the new video idea. It would be good if we could get it shot and edited within the next week so it’s out whilst people are still isolating!

Two things to make sure is that you play Sleepwalker out loud as you record yourself just so I can sync it with the track. Also make sure it is shot landscape on either your phone (so it’s on its side) or your laptop webcam is fine.

Aim for a minimum of 5 different takes (5 different backgrounds, different content / different outfits / time of day) could be cool to include snippets of people you are isolating with / pets / food / props etc. So it could be filmed all in one day or over the course of the week.  

This is a link to a video by Solange :

the reason I’m sending this is a reference to the way the clips will be edited together, just so you have an idea of what angles to shoot from. It helps that she has included her adjusting the angle of the shot, fixing her outfit, dancing and joking but also miming along in synchronisation with the track so if you could include these moments, that’d be swell.

Once you have all the content, send to me on wetransfer.com so they don’t get compressed and I will edit them.

This entry was posted in Digital Concept and Strategy Unit. Bookmark the permalink.