Tim walker exhibition and talk 28/02/20.

I attended the Tim Walker Symposium at the V&A which celebrated the value of collaboration. The event included talks from the exhibition curator, models, make up artists, hairstylists, producers, set designers and Tim Walker himself amongst more. I found it particularly useful looking at Tim Walkers creative process having just completed a collaborative shoot myself the day before – it made me realise the potential for growth and the true value of collaborating, something I have been exploring this unit. I loved hearing from Shona Heath who is a creative director and set designer, seeing how she researched and uses miniatures and drawings in her planning is something I am going to take on more. I also enjoyed hearing from Malcom and Sam, the hair and make up artists as I have only just began working with hair and make up artists myself and am fascinated by the techniques and inspirations. Tim Walker shoots only on film – something that really intimidates me. An aim for this unit is to develop my technical knowledge and understanding of cameras and other equipment. This exhibition also inspired me to look into how I could make my work immersive experiences.

This entry was posted in Digital Concept and Strategy Unit. Bookmark the permalink.