Initial Mood boards for shoot concept proposals.

As one of my aims for this unit upon reflection of the last was to experiment and collaborate more, I have began to develop some basic proposals and send them out to set designers, models and other potential collaborators to see what the response is and get the ball rolling. This unit I want to experiment as much as possible, collaborate and develop my technical knowledge. The proposals explore beauty ideals, femininity, social shifts, historical referencing and technological developments.

Proposal 1
ROSE CHRISTINA – looking for set designer to collaborate with for a fashion film scene and photographs.
The main source of inspiration for this shoot is feminine energy and sexuality, communicated through the use of a pole dancer amongst a floral set.
The vital element of this composition is a pole structure in the centre of the set, ensuring the dancer is able to move safely and freely. The set will be constructed with flowers and floral imagery surrounding the pole, to such an extent that the pole looks uncanny.
The colour scheme will include pastel floral colours to contrast with the model who will be styled with muted nude tones to match her skin.
I am open to the interpretation of these elements being literal or relatively abstract and I’ve included a variety of references in the mood board.
Proposal 2
The main source of inspiration for this shoot is the idea of working-class people struggling to become homeowners due to the economic climate. This is contrasted with fairy-tale concepts similar to Tim Walker.
The vital element of this composition is a house structure which should be big enough for the nude model to comfortably fit inside on her back in the foetal position and facing the camera, with long Rapunzel hair trailing out.  
This will be shot so the house structure is central and the main focus of the shot – the rest of the set will be empty.
Alternatively, I would like to address the same concept using piles of mattresses (or props which resemble multiple mattresses) by referencing the ‘princess and the pea’ and placing the model on top of the mattress structure in an otherwise empty set.

Proposal 3
The main source of inspiration for this shoot is Botticelli’s Birth of Venus combined with post internet visuals.
The inclusion of screens, wires and other technological elements contrasted with the natural references will communicate this concept.
The main elements of composition include a large shell, female figures with flowing hair and nature references such as flowers and water. The colour pallet will be muted greens and blues with some pastel floral elements. Textures include shiny metallic, satin, soft netting etc
Make-up / Prosthetics styling.
Inspired by a combination of surgical enhancements and popular ‘beauty filters’, as well as ethereal femininity, the monstrous woman and a kind of alien/ abjection aesthetic.
This entry was posted in Digital Concept and Strategy Unit. Bookmark the permalink.