Reflecting on Tutorial with Vicky 28/11/19

For my final tutorial of the Unit I spoke to Vicky about how I was having creative block, she told me to continue trying to push myself and to use my production log as a sketchbook – something I am still getting used to as I am so used to printing and physically cutting and pasting items. I must get used to this for sustainability reasons.

In terms of what I’ve done so far, I have many research references, am in contact with designers who I will collaborate with and have incorporated the idea of striptease with the location of a Victorian pool.

I was told to record sound during my residency at the Swimming Pool and to look at bathhouse culture and Pamela Church Gibson’s ‘Fashion, Film and consumption journal’. I explained that I hadn’t hasn’t had a response from the prosthetics tutor and Vicky suggested I contact Tushar.

The context of my experimental fashion film is: sustainability, human connection to water, fantasy/alien/horror, feminism, concepts of home, coming of age, censorship, expectations of women in contemporary society, identity, the monstrous feminine and what it means to be human.

My aims set were: to understand the relationship between the female body and natural environment (water). To develop a visual style in the fantasy genre for fashion film. To develop a body of research about representations of women, embracing their identity in moving image – constructs of femininity.

To summarise, I am glad that I planned 3 more weeks of research in, I realise I needed to conduct more research on to contemporary films and themes, re evaluate my initial plans and definitely establish what exactly my aims and intentions are!

*DO RESEARCH

*CONTACT PAMELA CHURCH GIBSON

This entry was posted in Fashion Media Laboratory Unit. Bookmark the permalink.